Why do I need a printer flashing??
Lately, manufacturers have been protecting their office printing equipment from refilling cartridges.. So, to refill such a cartridge, chip change required, which is not on sale now. Therefore, you have to buy a new cartridge., which leads to considerable financial costs.
Unlocking the printer via reset, software and mechanical:
- Print configuration report, in which the previous firmware version is indicated.
- Determine program version. It is indicated in the line OS Version. If there is a letter F, means the device is already flashed.
- Knowing the model and serial number , looking for or generating the required firmware.
- Load the finished program into the device.
- At the end, you need to remove the chip from the cartridge and re-remove the status report. It will already contain another firmware.
Cartridge firmware. There are a number of printers (eg, samsung 1630), which are not programmable. Program intervention is carried out to them only in the chips of the cartridges. The procedure is simple, but still requires special equipment (programmer), and certain skills. When calling the master, usually the chip simply changes to an unlocked one.. Less often, it is unlocked on site with a portable programmer, which just dumps the chip data. And it becomes like new. There is also an option for reprogramming from a computer, through the programmer and special software.
When refueling a cartridge, we reset the chip counter free of charge.!
Unlocking the printer with parsing. Most often with parsing printers and mfp are stitched от Konica Minolta и Xerox. A feature of this method is the removal of the chip and its reprogramming outside the device.. Other methods are not suitable for these devices.
Mechanical reset of the counter. In Brother cartridges, and also some Panasonic cartridges use a mechanical reset of the counters, where each type of cartridge has its own reset technology. for example, scrolling positions of gears and gears with “scapula” for Brother, as well as certain manipulations with the sensors for opening the lids. For Panasonic (Panasonic) – this is the side scrolling mechanical toner sensor, or temporary installation of a jumper.
In our company, this type of reset is also free..